STUFF I WANT TO SAY.

09:16

      

*TO MY DEAR PARENTS
I know that I spend all my free time using my phone Snapchatting, Whatsapping and IM’ing my friends. I know that I procrastinate like it’s my job and I do know that I tend to lose focus, it rarely happens though...who am I kidding I get distracted when I smell food. I listen to music 24/7 and I always have my phone with me. You only walk in on me when I’m taking a little break from studying and then you accuse me of not touching my books! Then you proceed to tell me that I’m ruining my life by not studying and that I am never going to get into college, how I am going to be homeless and unemployed and regretting the very day I “supposedly” didn’t study. Sheesh! (Don’t act like you don’t do this to me Ma!). Dear parents, my grades are alright and I’m doing well in school! I am not going to drop out, move to Italy and sell my artwork on the street, though that sounds like a great idea! I promise I won’t do that…uhh can I do it if I take you guys along?

Just because I don’t talk a lot doesn’t mean that I’m automatically anti-social. Okay maybe I am, just a teeny bit. Anyway, I listen. I listen way more than I talk. So parents, thank you for being the most understanding people ever. It’s going to be alright! Trust me. Okay I’m going to go pack for Italy now.
*TO MY TEACHERS.
Dear teachers, I know that sometimes my work isn’t up to the mark and you think I’m not trying hard enough. I know that going from class to class, facing loud, annoying children frustrates you. i need you to know that I do try and I work as hard as I can. I want you to know that I am not making fun of you, nor am I snickering behind your back. I am not one of those people. Sometimes I lose focus because to be honest, I do not care about how to improve crop yield neither do I care about the structure of the atmosphere. The truth is that I would rather be drawing or writing or something, I would, if I could, but I can’t, so I shan’t. ( if you recognize that reference, you are amazing!)
Yes sir, I know I should learn from my sister..Yes ma’am, I know that I should aim to be as amazing as her. Stop comparing me to my sibling! We are two different people, I will never be her! Just like she will never be me. I realize that you want what’s best for me, just let me be me! I may even surprise you. I am seriously very grateful to all the teachers who have taken their time to teach me everything that I know today. But please stop telling me that I’m ruining my life! please, I have my parents to do that for me! (just kidding) So basically, relax! I am not throwing my life away.

*HATERS
You hate me? Well okay, grab a chair and wait for me to care.
*GRANDPARENTS <3
I do not know what I want to do with my life! I haven’t figured it out yet. So please stop asking me! When you do ask me, I suddenly have to re-evaluate every life choice I have ever made, and I finally sigh and say;
“What is my life..”
Also, you have to stop telling me that I’m fat. I’m not weight conscious or anything, I’m just saying that after you stuff so much Biriyani and chicken curry down my throat, you cannot tell me that I’m fat. That’s unfair. Besides when I say that I’m full and that I’ve had enough food, you just give me that “look”. Oh and it’s okay if I look a little darker than I used to! It means that I have been outside, being active… It’s not the end of the world!
I know that I spend way more time indoors than I once used to. I have no explanation for that one actually, it’s just very very hot. But it’s okay, I promise I’ll go outside next time I visit! Or…maybe not.
*PEOPLE I MEET AT WEDDINGS AND FAMILY FUNCTIONS
Yes, I know that I am tall. Yes, I’m aware that I am the younger one. Please stop stating the obvious. Earlier when I was younger, I used to despise moments when my parents would introduce us (my sister and I) to someone’s sister’s, son’s, younger daughter’s best friend. I would just grin at them waiting for them to go away. Then this would happen;

“Hello! I am your grandfather’s cousin’s classmate! Do you remember me? I had come to your house many years ago when you were about this (indicates my size with hands) small”

*This is the part where I awkwardly smile and tell the person that I know them.

“You know me? Hmm…then tell me my name!”

*LIKE WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!! I have no clue who you are and this is going to make me look stupid! What have I ever done to you to deserve this! Whyyyyyy……whyyyyy!!! Keep in mind that as I smile and laugh, in my head, I have figured out a hundred different ways to kill you.
Then I just l look at my parents, mentally begging them to change the topic. UGHH. Why does this always happen -_-

One thing I can do at all these social gatherings is, find all the food and eat all the food. I’m cool that way.
Okay. Finally done! That was definitely a rant. A long one too. So that’s exactly everything that goes on in my head!

Later.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Congrats Aakani ! The bubble has finally burst..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful exposition of your heart feelings in beautiful prose, Aakansha! That's your signature style of speaking your mind out! Indeed, a great savoury twist in the tale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Aakansha...Superb =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... So now I have to be extra careful about every word I say!!!! Jokes apart aakani , very well expressed and iam your biggest fan always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aakani this is by far my favourite ! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoaa!!! Loved it!!!! Kudos Aakani!!! :* :D :*

    ReplyDelete